Monday, September 7, 2009

Principal's Office



We're learning the first two verses of this poem/rap by Young MC in the middle school this week. Have fun watching the video, everyone! 

Here are the words:

Principal's Office

by Young MC


Now as I get to school

I hear the late bell ringing

Running through the hall

I hear the glee club singing

Get to the office

I can hardly speak

'Cause it's the third late pass that I got this week

So to my first class I run and don't walk

All I hear is my sneakers and the scratching of chalk

And when I get to my room

I hear the teacher say,

"Mr. Young, I'm happy that you could join us today."

I try to sit down so I can take some notes

But I can't read what the kid next to me wrote

And if that wasn't enough to make my morning complete 

As I try to get up I find this gum on my seat

And with the seat stuck to me,

I raise my hand and say,

"Excuse me, but can I go to the bathroom, ma'am?"

The teacher got upset and she screamed out, "No,

It's off to the principal's office you go!"


Twelve o'clock

comes with mass hysteria

Everybody rushes down to the cafeteria

Picked up my tray to have Thursday's lunch

And when I tried the applesauce

I heard it crunch

I'm running up the stairs with a front tooth broken

The nurse just laughs and says,

"You must be joking."

I look up at her with a smile on my face

No joke 'cause my front tooth is out of place

So I walk to school with ice on my lip

A nurse's late pass like a gun on my hip

My books are real heavy

I walk and I'm dragging it

Ain't no school lunch next week,

I'm brown-bagging it


Forget class

I'ma shoot some ball

With a late pass I've got 

no trouble at all

But the nurse walks up

and says,

"What do you know?

It's off to the

principal's office

you go"

No comments: